We're already weeks into 2014, but it's not too late to make those changes needed in your life for 2014 as you embrace more of a green, eco-friendly lifestyle. We've compiled 14 ways you can go green this year in 2014. Which ones will you adopt into your busy lifestyle? Can you add to this list?
Make Your Own Non-Toxic Dish Soap
Store-bought dish soaps are expensive and many of them contain toxic chemicals like ammonia. In fact, the leading cause of poisonings in the home for children under the age of six is liquid dish soap. Protect your family and your wallet by home brewing your suds!
1. Make All-Natural Air Fresheners
2. Reduce Waste
3. Reuse and Recycle
4. Replace One Beauty Product in Exchange for an Organic Product
5. Switch to all E-Bills
6. Use your car only a couple days a week--- walk, ride, carpool.
7. Sign up for local organic food delivery. Saves money, time, and gas
8. Support local music
9. Check out our monthly LA Green Events Column
10. Buy organic cotton
11. Brew Your Own Coffee
12. Make your own protein bars, baked goods, and breakfast foods-- things you would normally drive to the store in the morning to grab + eat.
13. Work out at home instead of driving to the gym.
14. Go to a secondhand furniture store and find furniture to redo.